Thursday, December 02, 2010

Wanderlust..

So,after a rather bumpy roller-coaster ride for the first few months,I had a chance to travel around the past few weeks. My dad always said that I had wheels on my heels,because I always wanted to go someplace and hated to stay home!
My biggest adventure recently was a business trip to Germany. I was slated to be there for two full weeks and an extra weekend,but decided to control my appetite for risk and cut the trip down to a week and an extra weekend.As always,on my flight over,I was stuck in the middle with two big men on either side. But I had an upgraded seat,so it was all good.I warned the guy in the aisle seat that I will need to use the bathroom often.He said,so did he,so it was all good. Until I really-had-to-go-right-now! Had to poke him awake,apologize,wake him up again to get back into my seat. This whole routine was repeated 10 times before we finally landed!
The stay itself was the same old,long work hours,come back to the hotel for a quick change of clothes,looooong dinners.. yawn!!
I managed to get away for a few hours one weekend and dragged super jet-lagged-ass to the Zeil area,which has always been the most exciting part of my trip to that part of the world.. I felt a familiar rush of excitement as I saw all my favorite stores - The 4-floored Espirit,Mango,Zara,etc. Somehow,my eyes scanned the signs pointing to the baby section,and my feet just walked over there,and before I knew it,I had spent a small fortune on baby clothes!! As if all this was not enough,I asked around for good toy stores,and ended up buying some rather cute little things,completely ignoring the price tags and the conversion rates.. Blame it on the hormones again.. I must admit,I did end up buying some cute preggy clothes as well,which are wayy to big right now,I need to get closer to the blimp that I had always assumed I would be as a preggy lady before I can use them..
The flight back home was uneventful,but I had an aisle seat,so yay!! My neighbor on the flight had the most interesting story - she was a very sweet Polish girl,on a 2 week vacation to Hawaii.. She was going there to learn Hula dancing. Sounded so dreamy as she described the B & B she was going to be staying in,etc. Took me back mentally to our own trip there a few years ago :( Someday.... Soon....

No comments: