Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Oh the Irony :(

I've heard that a good sense of humor is very handy when it comes to dealing with pregnancy and babies later on.. I couldn't agree more today.
I had escaped from the cube farm all of last week because of severe nausea/vomiting/feeling-like-shit and was working from home..
Finally,decided that I was fit and fine today and should go back to the office to catch up on whats going on.. Woke up early,got dressed,and then... I realized that my car was parked in the garage,and the door opener for it was in my husband's car. After only 3 phone calls,he replies and says that he was in a meeting. I found a key that I could use instead of the electronic door opener. So I walked over to our garage,all set to drive out,only to realize that the key hole was so high up that I needed a step stool. Whew! Finally,step stool in tow,I walked back to the garage,and ended up breaking that measly key in half,it was the wrong  key.. By now,I was questioning my sanity for wanting to not work from home another day!! Finally,my husband came home,spent 3 seconds opening the garage door,and drove off to work,mad that I  had made him drive home in the middle of the work day..  These hormones,I tell ya!
So,I thought I was done with these almost-senile moments,but no! It happened again today..
My car needed gas,so,feeling mighty chuffed about not waiting till the needle had gone beyond the empty mark like I used to,I drove in to the gas station,all the while thinking how much more responsible I'm becoming. I turned off the ignition,pulled out the one credit card I needed,picked up some garbage I needed to get rid of,and step out. OOPS! I realized that I had locked the car from inside as I had stepped out. So,I was locked out of my car,no cell phone,no jacket,in the windiest part of town..:( Luckily,the gas station owner was very sweet,found me  the AAA number from the yellow pages,and in 30 mins,I was all set,driving off home. Again,thank God for being able to blame it on the hormones and not my stupidity! hah!

No comments: