Wednesday, December 01, 2010

The weeks are rolling by..

I oscillate between letting out a sigh of relief that I still have a few more months go,and the impatience of wanting to see my belly-squatter!
I'm starting to show a bit now - on some days,I look like I had a big cheeseburger for lunch,and on others,like I swallowed a small melon :) The first time S felt it was when he hugged me before leaving to work,a very cute  moment indeed..
So,we've started to share the news with friends and family,the reactions have been interesting..
The close family and friends - Their warmth and love leave me feeling so wonderful and thankful!

The ecstatic - These are random friends that are more excited then both of us combined over the past few months,making me feel like eh,maybe I should be kicking my maternal instincts into higher gear!
The Happy-For-You - These folks react pleasantly,and leave me feeling comfortable,not overwhelmed or inadequate!
The et-tu crowd - These people are like,I cant believe you guys are going to become one of them now!

The oh-so-cold - These people are like so,what? And quickly switch the topic to the latest trend in shoes! It leaves me feeling like,why did I even bother to share my news with them,if it makes them so uncomfortable?
Above all,the Advisory Committee - This group includes new parents,veteran parents,non-parents who are experts because their friends have kids and what-have-you! What they have in common - an inexhaustible list of what I should be doing,and what I should be avoiding.. All well meaning,I'm sure,and very helpful for the most part,but unbelievably annoying at times..

No comments: