Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Stuff about parenthood that no one tells you!

My pregnancy was not all pickles and ice-cream, and my experience as a new mom has been quite the ride so far! While I've been dumped with my fair share of advice from experienced moms,new moms,my own mom and some non moms,here's stuff about pregnancy that no one told me about before.

There is something about sleeping babies that just melts away your heart. Given that I have two little ones,during those magic moments when they are both down for a nap,I can watch them for hours!

Nursing your child is an incredibly hard experience,yes,when it does finally work out,its a very special bonding experience,but at times,it leaves me feeling quite sore :(

Life as a  new mom can be terribly isolating.Being a very social person,I terribly miss all the human interaction in my daily life - be it with colleagues at work or with friends and family after work. I've been finding it awfully isolating  to  be holed up in my bedroom for the most part and welcome rare outings such as the bathroom and living areas. However,thanks to the wonderful world of social media,I've made new friends with people from all over the world and had some fun conversations!


No comments: