Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Here's to a successful first quarter! *Clink*

The kiddos are 3 months old now! Time sure flies when you are having..err.. no sleep and so much fun? I vividly remember THE day,3 months ago. I had just been sent home after several weeks in the hospital,on strict bed rest at home. It was a rainy,cold day. We had just finished having the "its-too-hot" "No,Its your pregnancy hormones,its actually very cold" argument and had fallen asleep into a blissful afternoon nap. This was just two days post St.Patrick's day, I had been fervently hoping that I would not deliver two boys on St.Patrick's day,for fear that their livers might become prunes at the end of their its-my-birthday-AND-St.Patrick's-day binge! We woke up after a really long nap and I said what he wanted to,but was afraid of - "Is this the calm before the storm?" That was the last time in a long time that we would be sleeping so soundly for so long :)
I was craving ravioli for dinner,S went to get some groceries for dinner. My back started killing me all of a sudden,it was a very different type of pain. I called the doctor on call,she asked me to swing by the hospital to just get checked out.maybe get a pain killer for the pain,and head back home. S came back home with a cheery " I found your favorite Ravioli and garlic bread" and I greeted him with "Don't take off those shoes,we need to go over to the hospital" . We picked up the chord blood registry kits and rushed to the hospital,all the while intending to come back home and make a nice dinner.
Hmm.. The kids had other plans.From then on,they would make the plans,we were merely going to follow on :) They were born that night via C-section. It has been truly the most trying time of my life. While I was excited to meet the little creatures who had been kicking and boxing away in my belly,I was very nervous and apprehensive about their impending  NICU stay.

While its been the longest 3 months of our lives,the rewards could not have been better! As we cuddle our babies and enjoy their cute smiles today,I cannot thank our support system enough for being there for us throughout the journey!

We are looking forward to the next few milestones eagerly,I must say that the forecast for the upcoming quarter is very rosy!




 

No comments: